Enter The Contest
Although you will receive a confirmation that your images have been successfully submitted, they will not be eligible for judging until the contest fee(s) have been paid via PayPal. Within 24 hours after your submission, you will receive an invoice from PayPal. Payments are due within 72 hours of the invoice date. (Our process is manual - invoices aren't automatically generated.
- Resolution: 2,000 pixels on the long side. About 1.5 to 2MB maximum.
- The image should have NO visible watermark. Do not include any identifying information on the image.
- Metadata: Ensure the Title, Caption and Copyright metadata is added to your images. No identifying information should be visible on the image.
Preparing Images For Submission
With the exception of Creative Interpretation, all submitted images must maintain the integrity of the original captured image. Retouching is limited to overall color cast, tone, cropping etc. No substantive changes may be made to the image.
Be sure that you've updated the metadata in your image files. Be sure to include your name and copyright information as well as an image title and optional caption. You can find information about updating metadata on the Prepare Your Images page of this website.
The photographer retains the copyright for any images submitted.
The photographer does grant a license to the Heard Natural Science Museum and the Heard Nature Photographers Club to display the images in electronic or printed media for the purpose of promoting the photography contest, the museum or photography club. This includes posting the images on the museum or club websites or including the image in emails or other print or electronic promotional material. Such use does not include commercial resale of the image.
- Questions about submissions: Anita Oakley - 469-261-6637
- Questions about PayPal: Jackie Ranney - 214-478-2107